Monday, April 12, 2010

News Sites Rethink Anonymous Online Comments


News Sites Rethink Anonymous Online Comments - NYTimes.com



When I first started the Internet, I was so hesitant to give my real name. But As I got used to it and saw the values of using real names on the Internet, I decided to use my real name on blogs, twitter and many others. I am sure that Facebook has changed the way I interact with the Internet. As a Japanese where anonymity on the Internet is much more common, it was a quite jump to give the real name and let the world see what I am doing.
However, I still think that the Internet sites should give an option of commenting anonymously. For whatever reasons, some people may not be able to use their real name to comment on a subject. The sites then let users to decide which comments are most valuable based on rating/voting systems.


No comments:

Post a Comment