Wednesday, November 30, 2011

recharging my batteries



What I got most from being a part of Vancouver ChangeCamp is, a feel of "I can do it"; I am still, sort of, struggling finding a place and feeling a sense of contribution in this society, and I was somewhat sceptical about one can change for the better. I was at least aware something "big" was changing in many ways, and things like Occupy movements are clearly a new thing that I've never seen before. But I didn't know how to handle it; I didn't know how to respond to it. I don't still have a clear stand on those movements, but now, having attended ChangeCamp, I am not closing my eyes. I do not want to be a passive adopter. Rather, I would like to be an one of people who believe in change and act for change.
I know we have so many problems in,, everywhere, but I don't want to be just blaming others and not taking any responsibilities. I don't want to say, "that's how it is", and close eyes.


"use your own two feet to move to whatever place you can best contribute."

I would like to do that.
Thanks #vanchange.

ps: here is a great write-up about the event.

1 comment: